There has been a lot of buzz regarding Mahindra’s upcoming MPV (codename: U321) and a lot of spy shots prevail on internet but this is the first time that interiors of the new car have been spied.
Spied with a set of photographs, U321 MPV uses a refreshing design for the interior trim. Some design cues that can be spotted are:
- Complete new steering wheel unlike Scorpio, XUV500.
- All-black dashboard with piano black trim, chrome garnishing on AC vents, roatary dials for AC operation, touch-screen infotainment system possibly fetched from XUV500.
- Seems like the ergonomics on this car would be much sorted out let’s say than Scorpio; will compete the king of segment Toyota Innova.
- All wheel disc brakes, 5-spoke 16″ alloy wheels, Apollo Apterra tyres for better grip.
- A complete new 1.6 lt, mFalcon diesel engine will be used in the U321 MPV.
Apart from the visible features Mahindra will be equipping U321 with standard features of segment like LED projector headlamps, DRL & basic safety features like ABS, EBD, 6-airbags which are now an unsaid standard for segment.
The test mule spied seems to be a production spec model as it uses a production-spec front grille and bumpers hence it can be concluded that Mahindra is preparing for a segment shaking launch soon via U321 MPV. Main competition to tackle still remains from Toyota Innova Crysta.