Tata has officially confirmed that they’ll be launching their most awaited product for the year i.e. Nexon compact SUV; on upcoming 21st September,2017.
Bookings are open to customers at a mere token amount of Rs 11,000 & deliveries will start just after the launch of car. Nexon has already started arriving at various dealerships in different trims to cop up the sudden demand of customers after launch.
Tata has divided Nexon into 5 trim levels; named as: XE, XM, XT, XZ, XZ+. All variants will be featuring different convenience technologies according to customer budget levels.
- It’s a compact SUV under 4 mts. length mark; first ever from Tata to compete rivals like Maruti Suzuki Vitrara Brezza, Ford ecosport, Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano.
- Uses a 1.2 lt turbocharged petrol engine producing 110 PS mated down to a 5-speed manual gearbox along a 1.5 lt diesel turbocharged producing 110 PS & 260 NM of torque mated down to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- Will be the most feature rich car when launched; large touch-screen infotainment system with Harman speakers, auto headlights, auto rain-sensing wipers, projector headlights, LED DRL’s etc.
- Will be one of the most fuel efficient car when launched; reports suggest fuel economy figures above 24 kmpl (for diesel version).
- AMT variants for both petrol & diesel to arrive by year end. too.
- Pricing will start around Rs 6.5 lakh – Rs 10.5 lakh (expected).