Maruti Suzuki has finally taken off cover from the facelifted version of their popular Ciaz aka Alivio in Chinese market.
There had been a lot of buzz regarding the facelift of Maruti’s mid-size sedan since past year and through unveiling of Alivio (Ciaz) Suzuki has put a stop on all the estimations made by media.
What are the changes then?
- New front chrome grille, new bumper design as well.
- New alloy wheel design and extensive use of chrome additions throughout the body.
- Tweaked tail lights and redesigned bumper to accommodate sporty styling.
- Slightly tweaked dashboard design to make it look more elegant for the class.
- No major mechanical so far.
While Maruti Suzuki is expected to bring the facelifted variant anytime soon in 2018; a major rumor that has been floating around is the upbringing of a brand new 1.5 lt, in-house developed diesel engine. This engine is expected to change the whole line up of Maruti Suzuki in upcoming future as the current work horse i.e. 1.3 Lt Fiat sourced engine will expire by 2020 due to BS-IV emission norms.
When launched main rivalry will remain same; Skoda Rapid, VW Vento & Honda City.